Tuesday, July 10, 2007

O!

Today's u/s showed that I have actually ovulated. Now I don't know what to think. My OPKs and CBEFM haven't given me a positive or peak at all this cycle, so I figured I wasn't O'ing. But the doctor told me that, while it is not possible to O without an LH surge, it is possible to have an LH surge and not have it appear on the "stupid sticks" (as he called them). Which really strikes a chord with me, since my last doctor told me that I wasn't O'ing because I never got a +OPK, and when we did the IUI she told me to time it myself because, and I quote, "You're the one with the sticks." Another thing the doctor said this morning was that even a +OPK only means an 85% chance of ovulation.

Ladies, if you're doing an IUI and the doctor won't monitor you for O, time to find a new doctor. Same if the doctor is telling you that you don't O because you don't get +OPKs.

The doctor found *18* follicles on my right ovary. 18! That's a whole lot o' follicles. There were 8 on my left, with one dominant follicle that looks like it burst sometime in the past few days. I'll have a progesterone check next week, just to make sure the hormones are doing what they're supposed to be doing. But so far, so good. Which means, there's actually a chance for us this cycle. For the first time ever, really. I am both excited and petrified.

So now I wait. I've got about 12 days before I find out if the swimmers caught the egg.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

In other news, my coworker is in the middle of what seems to be a nasty argument with her husband. Part of me wants to tell her "everything happens for a reason," which is her pat answer any time any of my fertility woes come up. But that would just be mean, and unhelpful. So I'll say it here instead, just to get it out of my system. Truth is, I don't necessarily believe that everything happens for a reason. I think sometimes things just happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home