Monday, June 11, 2007

Thanks, Jack

Comfort food of choice when I'm not feeling so hot tends to be breakfast. Not many places you can get a breakfast sandwich at one in the afternoon.

Thank you, Jack In The Box.

It's my first day back to work after my surgery. I am exhausted – this is the longest I've been up and about since last Wednesday. I have no stomach for food, but I was starting to get shaky so I went and got some anyway. I thought about working a short day today. G is out because her little boy is sick, and the doctor couldn't see him 'til 2. Even if they'd gotten in earlier, chances are she'd've stayed home with the little guy anyway. So I'm the only one here, and it looks like I'm stuck 'til 5:30.

Just as well. I have a hair appt this evening, so even if I could go home it would be pointless, I'd just have to drive back out here again.

At least we're not too busy today. I can take it easy. And it's just as easy to sit in front of my computer at work as it is to sit in front of the TV at home. Only, at home I could take a nap. It's probably better that I don't do that, either, since my sleep schedule is still all wacky. Didn't get to sleep 'til about 3 last night. I finally figured out part of the problem – DH had moved a night light to our hallway, and it was shining in our room. It's very difficult for me to sleep at night in a room that's not dark. I have no trouble sleeping during the day, just at night in a room with lights. I have to turn my alarm clock to face the wall, or the light keeps me awake. Red lights aren't so bad, but sometimes even the little green light on our fire alarm can get to me. That, and ticking clocks. Can't sleep in a room with ticking clocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home