Tuesday, May 22, 2007

my insurance kicks ass

I got a call from my RE's office this morning. He had told me that it was rare for insurance to cover both procedures, but he asked for both authorizations so I could get them both done at once, instead of the hysteroscopy now and then the lap later if I need it. Given my family history of endo (my grandmother and my sister), both the RE and I thought it would make sense just to take a look-see and make sure there's nothing else screwy going on inside. He also said that it was rare for insurance to cover the surgeries under the RE, that I may have to go to a gyn to get them done. That would mean more waiting.

But the insurance came through, on all counts. So I am scheduled for both a hysteroscopy and a laparoscopy for the first week of June. The hysteroscopy is to remove the polyps, and the lap is to make sure that everything else is as it should be down there.

I'll have to miss a few days of work, but I'll be back at the beginning of the next week. And I'll be good to start trying again next month.

Which is good, because the following month is the start of Year Three of TTC.

I never thought I'd ever be strong enough to have to go through two years of infertility. Now I'm going to be starting my third year, and who knows how much longer the tunnel stretches ahead of me. I can't see the light at the end yet, but I know it's there. What I don't know is if it's obscured because it's so far off, or if it's just right around a bend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home