Saturday, April 21, 2007

HSG pics

I had a followup u/s this morning, to see if I've ovulated yet. I haven't. Which I figured - it's usually not 'til CD16 for me anyway. I go back in Monday for another check. I'm not sure what he'll find - I'm guessing I'll not have O'd and I'll end up with that "residual follicle" like the doc found last time.

This doc also went over my HSG results with me, showing me pictures. I had to go the hospital yesterday to pick up the films, which they gave me on CD, so I snagged a copy of it for myself before giving it to the doc. Here are some of the shots, edited a little for privacy and decency. Some of them just looked downright obscene! ;-)

hsg_1

This was the first slide from the HSG. The bright white areas are where the dye has gone. The triangle shape in the middle is the uterus, and the feathery white shapes to either side would be the dye moving through the tubes.



hsg_2

Another shot of the uterus, and the dye progressing through the tubes.


hsg_3

The uterus tends to cramp up at first when the dye is introduced, not allowing it to flow through the tubes. The lab tech pushed more dye through, and here you can it spilling over.


hsg_4

Here is a side view of the uterus.


hsg_polyp

In this enlarged side view, you can see the darkened area in the uterus, which indicates a polyp. The doctor measured it at 12mm x 9mm.

I find it fascinating to look at these, I'm not sure why.

The doctor today said to come back on Monday for a third u/s, to see if I've ovulated yet. He says, if I have, then we'll just schedule a polyp removal and they'll kick me out of the office, expecting me to be pregnant in 3-4 months.

But at my first u/s with this clinic, the first doctor said that he saw a follicle that grew but never ruptured. So I'm not really excited about what I heard today. I'm thinking I'll need some more help.

But it's close. It's so close, I can almost smell that newborn baby head now.

3 Comments:

Blogger KB said...

Those are fascinating and it's not even my uterus.

What does the polyp signify/mean?

10:26 AM  
Blogger joyous melancholy said...

polyp = no baby

It's a skin tag on the inside of my uterus. The inside of a uterus is supposed to be smooth, so the baby-to-be can implant nicely. The polyps act like a sort of natural IUD, creating friction and bumping out any little bean that wants to snuggle in.

And if, despite the odds, a bean DID manage to snuggle in, the polyps could knock him loose, causing me to lose the baby.

In any case, they're no good and have to go.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home