Saturday, December 09, 2006

venting about God's plan for me

Someone I work with told me the other day that God has a plan for me as far as having kids goes, and that everything works out for the best.

Where does that come from? Why is that supposed to be comforting? God has a plan for all the women out there who want to be mommies, but they don't all get to have kids of their own. God had a plan for Jesus, and He ended up nailed to a cross. Just because God has a plan for me doesn't mean I'm going to like it.

And not everything always works out for the best for everyone, all the time. Is it for the best when a parent has to bury a child? Is it for the best when war breaks out? Is it for the best when my roof leaks and ruins my carpet?

Yes, I believe in God. And maybe I'm being a bit irreverant. That's not really my intention here. It's more a reaction towards someone who thinks that telling me that God has a plan will help me out. It is entirely possible that my husband and I will never have a biological offspring together. I hope and I pray that it isn't the case, but it's happened to others and it's not impossible that it could happen to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home