Saturday, July 28, 2007

good from adversity?

I was talking with someone the other day who was trying to help me see things from a different perspective. "Look at all the organizations that do great things in this world. Most, if not all of them, started out of tragedy. For example, look at the Susan G. Komen Foundation and all it's done for Breast Cancer research and awareness. Someone had to die, but someone was able to take that and bring about so much good from it."

Perhaps IF is changing me in good ways. I'm developing character, and strength I never knew I was capable of. My husband and I are closer than ever as we work together towards our goal of having a family. My cousin and I have become friends, when we rarely spoke at all growing up. More women are becoming aware of the tragedy of infertility, and banding together and speaking out. Laws are changing, treatments are being developed, advancements are being made.

Truth is, I don't really care about any of that. I don't want to be strong anymore. I don't want any more character. I don't want to raise a rally cry, hold up a banner for others to follow.

I just want to be a mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home