Wednesday, August 22, 2007

three things

The First Thing
I must learn to be selective in choosing whom to trust. Once a secret is told, it can not be untold. I can only guard my remaining secrets more closely from those who are not as trustworthy as I thought they were.

The Second Thing
Business and Friendship seldom mix well. I learned this in a difficult way in college, and managed to keep the friendship by sacrificing on the business end. It was a good choice, one whose benefits I continue to reap today. However, it is a lesson that I continue to learn. I feel comfortable at work, and fall into the trap of thinking that, because we all work well together and enjoy each other's company while there, I am safe to share parts of my life that are better kept separate from work. Which brings me to...

The Third Thing
I now have the tedious task before me of pulling back, closing doors, building new walls. It is the only way I can protect myself - and it's very clear to me now that I need to protect myself in some environments, for as long as I am there. Which may not be so long as I once thought it might be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home