Sunday, August 05, 2007

room with a view

I'm in San Diego. My room is fabulous - I'm on the top floor and have a killer view of the Marina. It's a little bit lonely tonight, since I don't know any of the other people in my class and won't meet them until tomorrow morning.


I had a momentary pity party, feeling all lonely and sorry for myself, but I'm doing my damnedest to snap out of it. I've been looking forward to this for weeks! I'm here, away from the everyday routine, and while it would be nice if DH was with me, it will be nice to have some time just for Me.


So I've cracked open a can of Guinness (I know, but the bottles don't fit in my travel fridge, and the hotel room doesn't have a mini fridge). I have my cheese, summer sausage, and crackers. There's a pool party going on downstairs and at least they've stopped the club music and started playing good stuff. My view is SPECTACULAR.




I have my books, a couple of projects, and a pocket full of cash. I can go sit in the bar downstairs, or by the pool reading a book. I can make a sock monster.


The bummer is I have to pay for internet service - $5 for 30 minutes, or $12 for 24 hours. It's a five star hotel, and there's no internet service? WTF?


I'm taking it as a sign that I should take a break from my message boards.


Also, my pretty fertility bracelet that a friend made for me snapped on my way out the door, having gotten caught between the door jamb and my suitcase. Beads scattered everywhere. I was so upset, but again, I'm taking it as a sign. No TTC thoughts this week. No stressing about IF. This is a week for Me, to relax, to focus on my career, to unwind and truly take a break.


And I'm sure I'll meet new people tomorrow. I'm guessing some of us will head out to dinner together, and I won't feel too lonely for long. I truly only get a few hours all to myself. I'm going to enjoy it while I can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home