Friday, January 05, 2007

long week - IUI

Wow, what a week. First I start off all in the dumps because of AF. Then, I start to feel better thinking "new year, new start." Then the person at my family doc's office tells me I have no IF coverage at all, my insurance won't pay for any referrals or treatment. I talk to my ob/gyn's office, and they find out that I'm completely covered, for up to 6 IUIs, and we can start right now, this month.

DH and I talked about it, and we decided to wait until next month. He's graduating this year, and I'd like to be there with him when he travels up north for the ceremony. I want to take a certification exam for my field later on this year as well. And it will take time to get the paperwork in order for the IUI, so having more time means having less stress. It's a good choice.

But it feels really good to know that we have the option. There's no guarantee it will work, but it's something. And the pressure is off this cycle, because I know we have this to try next time.

And talk about timing - if AF shows on time this cycle, and I O when I'm "supposed" to, then I'll O on Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day. We'll do the IUI the day before and the day after, and (hopefully) make a Valentine's Day Baby.

So I'm feeling much more calm and relaxed. And this is a month for Me. Not Me TTC, just Me. I'm still charting and I started temping this time, and we'll try for our last medicated-but-unassisted cycle (unless the IUI doesn't work, and then we'll be back here). But there's a fallback plan, and that helps. So I'm going to start SBD again (Monday), I'm going to look into meditation at my ob/gyn's suggestion (starting with www.anji.com), and I'm going to look for a yoga class I can join, also at my ob/gyn's suggestion. I may look into therapy, at my family doc's suggestion. I'm taking an antidepressant to prevent both migraines and anxiety attacks. The yoga and meditation are to help with the migraines, and the therapy is to help with the panic and accompanying depression.

It's a good plan for starting the new year. I'm feeling more hopeful about 2007 than I have yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home