Sunday, September 09, 2007

list for this week

Things to do this week:

  • Try not to break down and buy HPTs. AF is due Wednesday, that will be soon enough to know whether our last IUI was in vain or not. No need to spend the money to find out what time will tell me for free.
  • Study. I did a practice academic exam today, and passed. I did a practice drafting exam last weekend, sent it to the instructor for review, and passed. I finally feel as though I can do this, I might actually pass. So I attack the books with renewed fervor, to boost my passing margin by as much as I can this week. I'm done practicing my drafting though. I've drilled and drilled, and I get better every time. I think I'll be fine on the exam.
  • Work. Gah. I don't want to go tomorrow, I've had a hundred different snarky conversations in my head with the girl I work with. Yes, girl. I've started calling her that, when I avoided it before. She's a little girl playing at grown up, and I'm not interested in her games. Let her make her lists and complain all she wants. I'll be busy getting actual work done.
  • Besides studying, I have to get ready for Saturday's test.
    • get wet wipes for hands, for when I smear my pencil all over them while drafting
    • pack a lunch that is easy to eat while drafting, and not messy - think chicken sandwich, pre-sliced fruit, chips or crackers, nut mix
    • pack up my drafting supplies, making sure to remember the highlighters and calculator
    • cold drinks, large bottles of water, and prep coffee to bring with me as there's no drive-thru on the way
  • don't test don't test don't test don't test... Seriously, I will NOT pee on a stick! But if AF comes, I pray she comes before Saturday. Wednesday or Thursday will be fine, I'll have time to mourn and rant and wail and gnash my teeth in despair. (And if you think that's melodramatic, then you have never dealt with IF.)
  • Journal. Yeah, I actually bought a paper journal. I have this blog, but I want to get in the habit of expressing my emotions for no audience whatsoever, not even my imaginary one here. I have a workbook I want to work on as well. Perhaps I should wait on that 'til after this exam.

That's my week.

1 Comments:

Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I can support you on all of this except peeing on stuff. I love to pee on sticks and I love when other people pee on sticks too.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home