Thursday, June 12, 2008

busy weekend part deux

The weekend really started yesterday. Sure, it was Wednesday, and yes I had to work yesterday and today. But as far as the weekend work load goes, it started yesterday.

We are currently having our floors refinished. The room is looking good - fresh, clean, smelling more like wood and less like cat. Tomorrow is the third coat of poly, and we can get back in on Saturday.

I'd mind the interruption a bit more if I didn't have a hotel and a pool to look forward to. I'm at that point (35-1/2 weeks) where floating weightless sounds an awful lot like heaven to me.

So then, Saturday we get back in to the house. We clean and prep the room for painting, pick up the supplies to pimp out the crib, make the house ready to get some serious work done. Dear ol' Dad requested - insisted, actually- that we spend Father's Day working on the nursery. So the whole clan is coming over. Dad and DH will paint the nursery, Mom will help with the crib and window valances, and I have no idea what Sis will do as she's in a full leg brace and can't hardly even walk. I'd put her on folding baby clothes, but I already did that in a fit of nesting.

My *hope* is to have the nursery done by the end of the weekend. My *expectation* is to have it done in the next week or two. Once we get that done, the rest of the house put together, and everything somewhat clean and tidy, I want to hire someone to come in and do a deep cleaning.

Next week is my last week of work. !!! Words can not express how happy I am about this. There's a lot of uncertainty about when/if I will return, my bosses are being odd about it all, but I'm ready to be done and put it all behind me and not think about it for a good long while. I plan on taking ALL the leave I can get, four weeks before and 12 weeks after the birth.

Anyway, that's the plan. It's a big push to get everything done before the Big Push. I'm a bit anxious about getting it all done, but I think it's feasible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home