Friday, May 23, 2008

firebelly

I set my stomach on fire last night. =( I was cooking fajitas for dinner when I was hit by a Braxton Hicks. I closed my eyes for a second to take a couple of deep breaths, and my belly felt a bit warm. Thinking I had just bumped up against the pot, I opened my eyes and backed up. But it only got hotter, and when I looked down I saw flames licking up my shirt.

I screamed like a little girl – understandably, I think – and was able to put them out with the spatula (think Mrs. Doubtfire), but not before giving myself second degree burns over my tummy. They’ve blistered, and look a little charred tonight. There's just one little blister, two little welts about an inch long, and one spot on the underside of my belly that is charred, but blends in with the rest of my lovely stretch marks.

I had to throw away the shirt, which was sad because I'm limited on the shirts that fit me right now, and that was one of two that matched my brown pants. Thankfully the damage wasn't worse. Still, it was scary, and I felt like an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home