Friday, May 09, 2008

warm front moving in

It's cold and gloomy outside, gray and overcast and in the 60s somewhere. It's been like this all week, we've been using the electric blanket most nights and finally broke down last night and busted out the quilt.

I know it isn't exactly the deep drifts of frozen snow that some states get all get all winter long, but to this SoCal gal, it's *cold*!!!

But you know what? Inside my house right now, there's a warm breeze blowing. It's about 73 degrees, and I'm all toasty warm. My kitties are curled up on the couch, snoozing and purring.

Because, after long last, we have heating and air!!! When we purchased the system, it was running about 100 degrees and I was most looking forward to the "air" part. But today, I'm very grateful for the "heat" part. And I'm looking forward to a comfortable summer being pregnant and then a new mom. I'm looking forward to putting away my space heaters for the winter, and just having a warm and cozy home. I'm really glad I don't have to raise a baby in a house without heat, and it will be nice not to have to escape to the mall or a movie every time the temperature gets unbearable this summer.

That's all. Just wanted to share. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home