Sunday, May 04, 2008

busy busy bee

I've got a busy busy week lined up.

MONDAY
  • 7am - asbestos removal people come to remove a pipe in our attic and test our ceiling in our living room
  • full day of work, 9-5:30
  • 6:30pm - Breast Feeding Class, Part II

TUESDAY
  • 10am - followup with nutritionist, back on insulin?
  • half day of work, noonish-5:30
  • 6-6:30 - pick up $10 Diaper Champ found on Craig's List

WEDNESDAY

  • 8am - painter comes to start scraping and painting our bathroom
  • 8am - contractors come to start installing air and heat
  • 1:30pm - OB appt, disability starts? (Please oh please oh please...)
  • 4pm - second shot at 4D u/s

THURSDAY

  • breathe...
  • Inform work if I'm on disability now, or stop by last night since the u/s is down the street. Today I can call the bosspeople to either tell them I'm out or confirm tomorrow's appt.

FRIDAY

  • 9:15am - therapy
  • 10:30am - meet with bosspeople? Not if on disability...
  • 2:30pm - go to parents' house, set up for cousin's wedding shower
  • 6pm - wedding shower

Sunday is Mother's Day. Monday is our Baby Care class. Next Wednesday we're having our tub reglazed, and can't use it for 72 hours. This is our only place to bathe in the house, so sponge baths it is. Saturday is our anniversary (5 Years!), and we're spending the day at the hospital in a Prep for Childbirth class, which includes pre-registration and a tour of the L&D ward.

After that, things slow down considerably. Another class the next Monday, Becoming A Parent. Hair appt on the following Saturday. I've got a wedding on June 7, Father's Day on the 15th, my birthday on the 19th, and sometime after that (hopefully!) I'll be giving birth to a wonderful, beautiful, perfect baby boy.

So the next couple of weeks are a bit hectic, but hopefully non-stressful. I work with contractors all day long at work, so that's not a problem for me. Just scheduling, which can be tricky when one tast relies on another. At some point we also have to have our floors refinished, the nursery painted, and the furniture assembled. But I'm not concerned about it. Once I'm on disability, I can let my mom come over during the week to help out with that sort of stuff.

And after next week, things slow down quite a bit. Most of our major projects will be done, I'll be off work, and I'm not making plans until about September.

As for now? Dinner, TV, and bed. In that order.

2 Comments:

Blogger Poetic Mama said...

Wow, I'm exhausted just reading this! So exciting that everything is getting so close!

9:51 PM  
Blogger joyous melancholy said...

I know, can you believe it?! Tomorrow starts the Contractor Madness. But, once they're in and working, I shouldn't have much to do. And I'm going to make DH let them in, since he needs to be up and ready before they get there anyway. He takes a shower every morning. Me, I can take my shower the night before and get ready in the kitchen. So I can sleep until they either need my room or they start making too much noise. ;-)

Of course, thanks to the baby, I rarely can sleep past 9 anymore anyway. I was wide awake today at 6. Who'd've thunk *I* would ever become a morning person?!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home