Saturday, May 03, 2008

may showers

We had our shower today - I can not even imagine a single thing that could have been better about it. It was *exactly* what I wanted, and absolutely lovely! BFF threw it for us, and she knows us so well that it was everything we could have hoped for. DH and I talked about it when we got home, and there was not a single thing that we could have changed to make it any better than it already was. The weather was beautiful, the site was gorgeous, everyone felt comfortable and a good time was had by all.

We had a Ducky theme, as when we first started planning we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, and since I've been waddling for a while now it seemed appropos. OMG, the ducks at this shindig! I had no idea how many ducky items were out there! She didn't do ducky plates and stuff, she went classier and did bright blue table cloths with yellow plates and adorable centerpieces, carrying through the duck motif through color. The cake was PERFECT, and I was even able to sneak a small piece of it despite the GD, because she ordered me my very own Taco Salad while everyone else had a Party Burrito. Check this out:



I had a great group of people from every aspect of my life there - family, online friends, work friends, IRL friends. It was a great bunch. My mom asked people to decorate squares of fabric to make a quilt out of, and everyone participated. Many of my friends are artists, so we got some really great squares out of it! Even the kids participated, and I think those were some of my favorites.
There were no frilly games or typical shower activities - which was per my request. Just good family fun. There was a bouncey house, and paddle boats, and a train for the kids to ride.

BFF also had people bring a copy of their favorite children's book growing up, so we got a GREAT start to a baby library. This was a perfect idea for us, as I love to read and I can see myself reading to our son all the time. Heck, I might start tonight!

Overall a great success. Everyone was nice, no one was snarky, everyone mingled well, we got a pile of loot, and I felt completely loved, pampered, and spoiled. She even had corsages for me, "Grandma" and "Auntie," and boutiniers for DH and "Grandpa."

Here's a shot of me and DH with the cake. I cropped my family out of it, as I didn't ask their permission to post their pic online. You can see just how happy I am to be pregnant and at my shower after so much waiting. DH looks pretty proud of himself, too. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly C. said...

awww! How fun! I am glad you had a great time. The cake looks AWESOME! And I love the pic of you and DH! Adorable!

7:54 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Loving the theme and the cake!!!

You guys look so happy, I'm so happy for you!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home