Monday, May 12, 2008

7/9 a mother

Some random snippets to give you an idea of how Mother's Day went.

****************
After my mom made some crack about some of our extended family members:

Me: "Could you maybe not rip on the family quite so much?"
Mom: " 'Could I maybe?!' "
Me: "Well, they're my family."
Mom: "They're my family too."
Me: "But I like them, and I don't like it when you put them down."
Mom (looking very unhappy): "Okay, I'll try. But can I still make comments about [name]?"
Me: "Oh, well sure, he's an ass."

****************

Dad: "You're making sure to listen to lots of rock-n-roll while you're pregnant with this kid, right?"
Me: "Oh, of course. He seems to really like The Offspring."
Dad (grinning): "Good! That's good! You gotta get 'em hooked while they're young."

****************

DH: "You want to come to a party for work, to celebrate the end of a project?"
Me: "Do you want me to go?"
Mom: "I'll go! I'll be your date!"
Me: "You are not allowed to date my husband!"
Mom: *pout*

****************

Dad: "Next year YOU get to be the Mom in Mother's Day!"
Mom: "She's technically a mom now."
Dad: "She's 7/9 mom. *Next* year, she'll be a *real* mom."
Sis: "What's seven ninths in fifths?"

****************

Overall it was a successful day. We gave my mom a scrapbook of all our ultrasound pictures, and some from the shower. We also gave her an I Love Grandma bib, and a DVD of our 4D ultrasound set to music. We re-edited it, because the music turned out funky on the one the ultrasound place gave us and I didn't like it much. But edited so that the parts where nothing is happening because I'm rolling over or something, and set to music that we selected at home, it turned out pretty nice and is good for a few tears.

As I told Dad on Friday - it's not Mother's Day unless Mom cries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home