Monday, May 26, 2008

nesting

Today the panic started to set in. I want to have everything ready by 37W, which is less than one month away. Yikes!

I started to line the drawers of our dresser for the nursery, so I could put away baby clothes and such. Then I got distracted because the bottom is falling out of one of the drawers, and I needed a staple gun, and by the time DH got it for me out of the garage less than two minutes later, I had already moved on to washing every single item of clothing, blankets, burp cloths, crib sheets, etc that we own for the baby. That, of course, had to be done right this very minute. I haven't yet finished the dresser.

I've packed and repacked the baby bag for the hospital twice now. I'm sure it will happen again and again. And again.

Is this what nesting feels like?

My sciatica has been acting up all freakin' weekend long. Sciatica sucks. But doesn't it sound like a cool name for a science fiction movie?

It's getting harder to breathe. It's getting harder to walk. It's getting harder to sleep at all, let alone comfortably. I'm loving this! No, really! It means I'm getting closer to seeing this little man in person. =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Poetic Mama said...

Yep... that's nesting! =)

1:05 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Yup, it sure is!

Wow. I just can't even imagine that I'm going to be feeling this again.

Good luck at getting all your stuff done! I never felt like I was done. Hell, I'm still not done and my baby is 4 years old!

8:45 PM  
Blogger C said...

Sounds like nesting...from what I've been told:) And although I'm sure you're having stressful moments, I think it's kinda cute:)

Sorry bout the sciatic and being so uncomfortable. You're almost there though!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home