Sunday, January 07, 2007

soul healing

Tonight was good. Very good. We spent the evening with our friends and their little ones. The four year old, "Boo," was just so happy to see us, it made my heart smile. The little one, "Baby J," is two, and she's all sunshine and smiles. You can't spend five minutes in a room with her without smiling back. She's a free spirit, running around the house with her sunglasses and a Christmas bow on her head. And Boo got DH to help him build a Very Tall Building out of Legos with him.

They are expecting their third. But unlike the time I've spent with other pregnant women, I enjoy the time I spend with her. And I love her two kids so very much, I can't wait for another one to love just as much. I know her journey to get here, much of it, anyway, and she has earned every one of those kids with hard work and heartache. It was a great evening that was good for my soul. I feel ready for a new week now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home