Sunday, September 09, 2007

prayer

Dear God,

They say you love us. The Bible and the Sunday School songs, they all tell us how much you love your children. I have never doubted your love for me, even when I've doubted your very existance. If you exist, you love me. If you're out there, you're a loving God. I believe you're there, I believe you love me, as you do all your children.

Dear God, think of how much you love your children. Think of how much you love me. And hear my grief, taste my bitter tears. Please, God. Grant that I might have a child of my own, to love as you love. I know your love for me does not mean you owe me this. But I pray that your love for me will spill over into a new creature for me to love, that I might teach my child of your love, and that I might learn more of your love through my child.

Please, oh God. Grant me this...

1 Comments:

Blogger BigP's Heather said...

tears.

This is beautiful.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home