Sunday, April 13, 2008

faît accompli

Accomplished this weekend:
Got hair done, finished baby registry*, selected and purchased stroller and baby seat, had a date with DH.

Not accomplished:
Cleaning out the nursery so I can bring in tradespeople to do some work.

It was 102° F today. 102°!!! I'll let you guess what I decided the "F" stood for. As a result, I let DH off the hook of cleaning out the nursery, which is currently our Cat Room. It was just too F-ing hot! So we went to a movie and then dinner instead. Having a date was just as productive.

*If you are in Baby Registry mode, a couple of words of advice: (1) When registering at Babies-R-Us, start the registry in the store and then do any clean up work online. I started it online, and there was a snafu with the registry. Seems about four different registries were melded into one - mine. I spent the better part of the evening deleting items we never said we wanted. And (2) Bring a well-experienced mom with you. The advice you'll get is invaluable. I was spared registering for the gimicky crap that baby stores just want to sell, and I was enlightened on the true use of things I didn't realize I really needed. There are such things as wedding planners - there should be baby planners to help us through this overwhelming maze of product and information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home