Tuesday, March 25, 2008

playing with baby

I've been feeling this little one inside me move for a few weeks now. Sporadically, not every day, but it's there. Mostly it feels like gas, or like there's corn popping in my tummy. Kind of like when you're stopped at a light behind one of those shiny black Escalades with too many speakers, and you can't really hear the music so much as feel it "boom boom boom" right in your gut.

Today I was able to play with the baby. *kick* What's this? *poke* What do you think of that? *kick kick* Okay then, *poke poke* and so on. DH came home and saw me on the couch with a bemused look on my face, poking my stomach. "Uh, what are you doing?" I told him to give me his hand, pressed it against my tummy, and told him to wait. *kick*

You should have seen the look on his face. =) This is the first time he's been able to experience something like this. I've been feeling it for weeks, he felt it for the first time tonight.

He waited for more, but our kitty suddenly got very jealous. She crawled up to where he was kneeling in front of me and bit his elbow, then rubbed against his hand and meowed pitifully. Someone wanted attention. The baby was done playing, so that was that.

Because of all we went through to get here, I am still nervous about this pregnancy. Not as intensely nervous as I was in the beginning, but when I don't feel the baby move for a day or so, I think the worst. And of course then I start to convince myself that maybe it WAS just gas.

But DH felt it too. It was repetitive, and today it was moving around.

There's a real live baby in there!

1 Comments:

Blogger KB said...

What stinks is you're always going to be nervous about the pregnancy. And then you finally HAVE the baby, and it's perfect, and then you worry about everything else, is the baby too warm? Too cold? Not progressing fast enough? Sick? It turns out motherhood is a lifetime of nervous worrying!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home