Sunday, March 16, 2008

raccoon face

I managed to give myself two black eyes. 8(

We keep our wine bottles on top of our refrigerator. I didn't realize that my bottle of Grappa had worked its way to the front of the fridge, and when I opened the door it fell and smacked me square on the bridge of my nose with its big glass stopper. I yelped, and then cried, and DH came running to see what was wrong.

I just looked in the mirror, and sure enough, two dark purple smudges are starting to appear beneath my eyes. There's a scrape on my nose, and a huge bump where the bottle smacked me.

My biggest concern? What are people going to think of a pregnant woman walking around with two black eyes? No one buys the "I ran into a door" excuse these days, though basically that's what happened - I was careless and hurt myself. It was stupid, too, that damn bottle has fallen a couple of times already, but I keep putting it back.

It's silly to worry about this sort of thing. Anyone who knows me knows that if DH even thought of lifting a hand to me, I'd tie his balls into a knot and then kick him to the curb. If I let him live at all. Not that he'd even think of such a thing, he's just not wired that way.

My face hurts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I thought the same thing when I read that. Not that your DH is abusive, but what ppl will think when you say "A wine bottle fell on my fridge and hit me in the face." Don't worry about it though, like you said people who know you and your DH know better than to think that and the ones who don't know you, who cares. I hope they don't get to bad, and heal quickly.

9:18 PM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

OW! You made my face hurt just reading that! I'm sorry. I hope it heals up quickly

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home