Wednesday, February 06, 2008

recuperating

The husband is home and sleeping. Peacefully. Quietly. It makes me feel better. I took off the rest of the week, probably more for my sake than his. I'd feel better being here with him while he's in this state. And maybe I'm projecting - I know that I always feel comforted and calmer when he's around when I'm sick. Just his presence helps me feel less hopeless, less frantic. And someone needs to sit on him and keep him from getting up and doing stuff around the house. Seriously! He just had surgery! Why is THIS the time to scan in receipts for tax season? It can wait another week.

I had crazy dreams, though. Dreams of hospitals and blood. Dreams of caring for the invalid, and fighting to get prescriptions refilled, and bandaging wounds. Then, I had a dream that I went on a cruise around Africa and had a mad affair with a mysterious man on the boat... Not sure where that one came from. And somehow this cruise around Africa involved passage through the Bering Straight. Dreams. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home