Wednesday, March 19, 2008

mini updates

Went to urgent care the next day, when my headache was so bad that it was making me sick to my stomache. I checked out just fine, the doc told me to go home and go to bed. So I did. I felt much better yesterday, and today I'm mostly just fine. Still have the remnants of a headache, and there's a little scrape on my nose, but otherwise all other signs of my oh-so-traumatic event are gone.

Work is lovely here in the nice showroom. I'm about a block from the beach - which I was before, but it was a block behind me and I can actually see ocean from my window. And I have a window. People here are nice. They're asking me to work more than I was told I would, because they really are busy and like what I do. The head designer handed me a kitchen to design, "See what you can do with this. I'm presenting it Thursday." He liked my work, just wanted to add a detail to the crown molding. I feel appreciated and respected. I forgot that I could feel like that at work.

I have an interview Friday. It's for a commission-only job, but they estimate an earning potential of more than three times what I'm making now. They have tons of leads in my area, and it sounds like I'd be pretty much setting my own schedule and pace. Which could be great when Baby G is here.

I've been cooking and freezing. I didn't manage to do the Once A Month thing, but I've been using recipes from 30 Meals In One Day. I cook whatever's up on the list next, and it's usually a serving size of 8. We use half for dinner and leftovers, I freeze the rest. So far I have a Lasagne, Calico Beans, Cream Cheese Chicken, and Chicken Enchiladas. I figure there's enough frozen for 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. Not a bad start. I'm actually enjoying this, and if I do end up really working part time then I will have more time to cook and store. I feel like the ant, getting ready for winter. Homey. Nesting and that sort of thing. It's nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home