Friday, April 18, 2008

random ness

Random thoughts of the day:

  • People who are rushing in a hurry look funny. Everything is exaggerated. Wouldn't it actually be faster to move less frantically? It's got to take up time and energy to be so dramatic.

  • This is going to be a long weekend. Funeral, housewarming party, mad dash to clean and prep the house for contractors next week. I'm actually looking forward to it, though it's going to be exhausting. I'm taking two days off next week to recuperate.

  • I am an interior designer, but I am notoriously "off" when it comes to choosing paint colors. I've painted my bedroom twice, and I'm still not happy with the color. Same with my family room. I need to choose colors for my bathroom (I'm thinking a light brown) and for the baby's room. What color should I use with this? I want to do white wainscotting along the bottom 2/3 of the room, with the paint for the walls and ceiling. I was thinking the blue color in the set. Would that be too dark? Or okay, considering the amount of white and the fact that one entire wall is window? Oh, the furniture is going to be white and espresso. See this for my inspriation. Basically that, with the bedding linked above and a darker color for the paint.

  • I am starting to really hate a certain someone. Today the bosslady called, and Designer J told her that Designer N was out sick today (after being out all week for her husband's surgery), and he was just so grateful that I was here all week. He told her this because I told him she gave me grief last night about working today, "Isn't Designer N supposed to be back, why are you working?" Allegedly, I'm supposed to be here part time. Turns out, Designer J never told them he only wanted me here part time, as they told me he did. Turns out, he wants me here every day. Turns out there's just too damn much work here for two people, and he thinks I'm a saint and a half for working so hard and so fast and so competently. I heard this response as part of the phone conversation: "No, she's doing great. Yeah really, everything is fine, she's doing a great job. She's working her butt off. She's awesome. I don't know what we'd do without her." I can only imagine the scepticism with which she asked him how my performance was. She's not the one I'm hating. It's the one who led her to believe I'm an incompetent lazyass who can't do anything right. Designer G. Bitch.

  • I've decided to start calling this baby inside me Audrey Too, because he's hungry All. The. Time. "FEED ME, SEYMOUR!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home