Monday, April 14, 2008

frustration

Now I'm frustrated. Mildly.

He always waits until I'm ready to get going before he puts the kabash on things. I've been talking for at least a week now about getting contractors in here for bids on plaster work, wallpaper stripping, painting, floor refinishing, tub reglazing, and heating and air installation. Tonight he says to me, after I've made the contacts and just have to call them to set up appointments, "So how are we going to pay for this?" Now he suddenly wants to paint ourselves, get my dad to patch the walls, and then refinance before doing anything else.

He did this when I switched showrooms, too. I talked about my plan for weeks on end, and when it finally happened he said, "We never really discussed this, this is all rather sudden."

I'm getting estimates anyway. We do need to refinance, but he's been dragging his feet on that for months now. He's been spending his time building this music server thingy, instead of actually doing anything on the house. And I'm to blame, too - I haven't done squat to the house either.

But now I'm ready to go. I'm chomping at the bit, I'm hearing the tick-tock of a clock quickly approaching D-Day. And *now* he wants to put the breaks on?

Frustration.

We need to get on the same page. I don't think we're far apart on this, just approaching it from different angles. But we need to snap into alignment here, or nothing is ever going to get done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home