Monday, June 30, 2008

big news x 2

We are scheduled for induction for 5am on Thursday. I'm excited. I'm terrified. I'm ready.

There's a big difference between knowing you're going to go into labor any time in the next couple of weeks, and knowing it's happening at a specific time.

I wanted to go into labor naturally. I'm going to have to work through the disappointment, but I know we're making the right decision. The placenta is starting to deteriorate, so it's not just a baby size issue, it's a safety issue. I want to go into labor naturally, but I also want a healthy baby. That's top on my list of priorities.

Our nursery is done! Look!





In other news, I just found out that I my claim in a class action lawsuit against the school where I got my second degree has been approved. I will be getting up to my full tuition reimbursed, depending on the number of claimants. There is a set amount of settlement money in escrow, so I will be getting something for sure. The amount just depends on how many ways they have to divide it.
It's been a good day for news!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly C. said...

YEAAA!! SO EXCITING! You are going to be a MOMMY! ANd SOON! I am so so happy for you Jess!! Keep us posted! I will be thinking of you and sending LOTS of ELVs!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Jessica!!

I can't believe you're TWO DAYS AWAY from having that baby! Holy crap girl!

You're definitely making the right decision as far as the induction goes. Having a healthy baby is a top priority.

I am so incredibly excited for you!! Good luck & lots of ELV's!!

3:59 AM  
Blogger K @ ourboxofrain said...

That is so incredibly exciting, Jessica!!! As Melissa said, healthy baby is priority #1. I hope the induction goes amazingly well and look forward to reading Baby Gs birth story!

7:38 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Good luck honey.

The first time, I had same thing - deteriorating placenta - and was willing to do what I needed to do to avoid anything bad happening to the baby (my OB said it could rupture before I knew it, it'd be too late) so I did the same thing on a thursday.

I will have to say an induction without being ready (before real labor starts) is the hardest thing I ever went through, but it's obviously possible.

Good luck!!!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Pregnancy said...

Woo! It could be plenty of things running on your mind.. I have read the newer post before, then i catch this one later, i feel excited for you too when i read it, and big congratulations again for your family and have a healthy baby boy! :D

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home