Friday, June 13, 2008

hotel review

The rooms are pretty nice, seem to be recently remodelled. Typical clashing hotel rugs/bedspread, but clean and new looking. Fresh paint on the walls, granite countertops in the bathroom, new tile and crown molding. The staff is friendly (though sluggish, see below). The bed is pretty comfy, though it's high and difficult for me to get in and out of. But that's more about me than anything else.

When we got to our room I noticed that the smoke detector was, well, absent. We asked them to have it fixed on our way out to dinner. When we came back two hours later, it was still not there. So we asked again. An hour later, still nothing. And we couldn't seem to call the front desk from our room. So I trudged down there and told them that we'd now asked three times, it was late and I wanted to go to bed, how soon could someone come to fix this? The very nice lady got a hold of the maintenance man while I stood there and sent him on his way. She also fixed the switchboard so that we could reach the desk from our room.

The maintenance guy was hilarious. First of all, he showed up within about five minutes, obviously stoned out of his mind. He looked like Towely from South Park. He hooked up the detector and left, but it started chirping immediately so I caught him in the hallway to come back, it needed a new battery. As I'm telling him this, a cat poked his head over the top of the roof and meowed at me. The guy told me he'd hurry back, he had to take care of something. Apparently it was his cat, on the roof, and he had to get it back inside. Laughing, I came back to the room to tell DH "He'll be back with a 9volt as soon as he gets his cat off the roof." Gotta love it - a stoned maintenance man coaxing a kitty off the roof of a three story motel while a guest bitches at him for a new battery for her smoke alarm.

I was bound and determined to sit in the pool today. Even when I discovered it wasn't heated. It was clean at least, and the feeling of floating was indeed as good as I hoped it would be. But chilly, so I only lasted about a half hour. I need to find a heated pool to float in at some point in these next few weeks.

Our floors are done, we can go home tomorrow. Our kitties are okay, and we get them back tomorrow, all vaccinated and examed and microchipped. We're painting the nursery this weekend, and I can't wait to get that going at long last. Gymboree was having a sale, and I had a coupon for an additional 20% off. I was released from my nutritionist this morning - my blood sugar levels are so good she doesn't need to see me again. My OB is thrilled with that, my BP, and my NST results. I'm rested, clean, and I just had a snack. Overall, there's not much I can complain about at the moment.


Post a Comment

<< Home