Friday, June 27, 2008

d minus 7 and counting

Today the doctor informed me that he wants to deliver this kid in the next week, week and a half. After an internal exam and u/s, he said end of next week. The baby is getting big, already a bit over 7lbs. I'm dilated 2cm, and there are calcium deposits on the placenta. Which isn't a bad thing, just a sign that it's "getting old" as he said. Amniotic fluid looks great, heartrate is great, my BP and b/s are on target. It's just the size of the baby and the calcium that's making the doc eager.

DH is coming with me on Monday's NST appointment. I'm guessing we'll figure out then for sure when we're delivering. Since I'm starting to dilate already, doc says I'm a good candidate for induction. I'm not really thrilled about that, as it will make labor faster and more intense. But much as I'd rather a natural labor process to being induced, I'd prefer being induced to c/s. And I'd prefer all of those options over delivering a ginormous baby, which could result in a c/s anyway, so what's there to lose?

Ultimately, what I want most is a healthy baby. So I'll take whatever helps us acheive that.

5 Comments:

Blogger K @ ourboxofrain said...

Wow. Within week-plus you should have him in your arms! And you're right -- a healthy baby is the most important thing. If you're developing calcium deposits on the placenta and the baby is getting bigger, it's might just be time to get him out. Good luck!

6:48 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

wait. what the hell? Already? You just got pregnant. I swear to god.

Don't worry too much about those estimates. My babies always came out over a pound LESS than what they told me.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Can I just tell you how excited I am for you? I can't believe you'll be meeting your son in just a week. I hope you have an easy labor and I'm looking forward to reading your birth story!!!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! Exciting news. Hang in there!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Kelly C. said...

EEEEEKKK!!! I can't wait!!! This is all so exciting! I hope everything goes as smoothly as can be! Keep me posted!!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home