Friday, February 02, 2007

back in the game

I've been "taking a break," so to speak. Which means, in reality, that I've been trying to fill my life with ideas, thoughts, interaction, and activities not TTC based.

But today is CD5 of a new cycle. Cycle 20 to be exact. It makes me sad. 20 is not so far from 24, and 24 is two years, and in my head, instead of saying "We've been trying for a year and a half," I now say "We've been trying for almost two years."

Yikes.

This cycle is our first IUI. Tonight I take my first of five dosages of Clomid, for the fourth time. That takes me through next Tuesday. Thursday of next week, we have our baseline ultrasound. I'm not sure what to expect. I'm a bit anxious, as dear ol' doc hasn't monitored me at all since I started the Clomid. I got a definite temperature shift and a +OPK last cycle, so I know I'm ovulating. But I don't know how many follicles are growing.

Assuming the u/s goes well, we'll have two IUIs done this cycle. The first one the day before I ovulate, the second one the day after. I'm "supposed" to O on Valentine's Day, if I O on the same day I have for most of my cycles. If I O early, like last cycle, it will be the day before. Either way, I'll have my IUI either on or around Valentine's Day.

AF is "supposed" to arrive on or around DH's birthday, though it's not 14 days past O. I only have a 12 day LP, so if AF is here I'll know it before DH's birthday (or that morning), and if AF is taking a 40-week haitus, I'll know that as well.

This could be a very exciting month for us. Or it could be a very disappointing one. Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home