Sunday, February 11, 2007

Big Day, #1

Tomorrow's the Big Day. Everything seems to be on track for a Tuesday ovulation, which means IUI tomorrow and Wednesday.

The baseline u/s went okay. Not great, not bad. There is only one follicle, which is the "not great" part. But it's a good one, already measuring at 26mm on Thursday, so that's the "not bad" part. Doc says I have a good chance, and should have a big healthy viable egg.

So here's the schedule. We get up at the ungodly hour of 7am. Sorry, but I am NOT a morning person! I'm groggy until about 10 regardless of how much coffee or sleep I've had. But, I'll do anything for a baby. So we get up tomorrow at 7. Shower and get ready, and then help DH get his "sample" for the IUI. The doctor wants us to do it at home and bring it with us, to arrive at the office at 8:30. I'm hoping we can leave the house between 8 and 8:10, and that the office is actually open on time so that we can drop off the sample.

We'll have about a half hour to kill, so I'm thinking we might score ourselves some breakfast. Back to the office at 9 so that I can be inseminated. Lay on the table for half an hour, talking with DH and trying to make the experience seem more personal and less clinical.

Then, off to work. Where everyone knows what I've been doing all morning, but hopefully the buzz will be all about my coworker, who got married on Saturday. Somewhat unexpectedly, I might add. A sort of planned elopment - though why it was unexpected, when she just had her fiance's baby, I don't quite know.

Tomorrow night I start a week of cooking, to keep me busy. I am also getting my hair done.

Tuesday, somehow I make it through the day without worrying or obsessing too much. Hopefully, Ovulation will occur.

Wednesday, we do the whole thing all over again.

And then I have about a week and a half until AF is supposed to show. There's no such thing as a 2WW for me, as my LP is usually 12 days. If AF hasn't arrived by the 26th, when she's due, I'll probably test even though I know it's still too early. It's also DH's birthday, so I want to find a way to make the day special and all about him. I might wait until the next day to test, just so I'm not all despondent if I get a BFN.

So that's the plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home