Monday, December 03, 2007

RPS

I don't think I have ever been this tired in my entire life. Not even in college, when I'd pull all-nighters. Damn. I slept for most of yesterday, didn't even get out of bed 'til about 4. We managed to make it out for dinner, and I had grand ambitions of seeing a movie, but after dinner I was wiped so we just went home. Dozed in front of the tv for a couple of hours, and went to bed. People keep asking me if I'm taking naps during the day, but I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to do that when I work 9-5:30 with a half-hour lunch.

Something very sad (to me) happened at dinner. We went to Souplantation, and about halfway through my small green salad, I looked at DH and said, "I used to enjoy eating, didn't I?" It's just no fun anymore. I get super hungry, and as soon as anything hits my stomach I feel nauseous. Things that tasted great yesterday turn my tummy just by me smelling them. I don't crave anything - on the contrary, there is absolutely nothing I want.

So I'm exhausted and queasy all the time, and every day I think to myself "I should just call in sick, take the day to rest, not push myself." Then I realize, I'm going to be feeling like this for a while, so I might as well suck it up and deal with it.

My mother told me the other day, "I wish you'd just enjoy this. This is the golden time in your life - I really hope you can enjoy it." Overall, I am. For the most part. When I see that little heart beating, for example, or when I'm thinking about how to decorate the nursery. Just not when I'm doubled over the sink retching, or trying not to fall over I'm so effing tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Someday said...

I know what you mean about the constant tired!!!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger joyous melancholy said...

It's amazing. I've *heard* that I'd be tired, and I've been tired before (like in college after a series of all-nighters). But I have never been this damn tired, ever, in all my life. I sleep all day when I can, get up to eat, and then just need to go back to bed. Like I'm sick, or severely depressed. Gestating takes a lot of energy!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home