Thursday, February 15, 2007

IUI#2 done

Well IUI#2 went MUCH better. I took some Tylenol before we went, and it wasn't nearly so painful. Some pinching and tugging, and a scratching sensation. But the doctor was much friendlier, kept asking me what I was feeling as she did the procedure, took the time to answer questions, and gave me more information.

And, this time there was no backflow at all. She said not even a drop, not even an air bubble. Everything went it, and stayed in, and did what it was supposed to do. She said she was very hopeful, very encouraged, and very excited for us. I described my OPK results to her, and she said it sounds like I really did O yesterday, which puts Monday's and today's IUIs at the perfect timing. She still won't do an u/s to see if I've O'd or not, so we don't know for sure. But even if I O today, it's good timing.

So I'm feeling much better about all of this. We went from "Uh oh, there's a problem, you need to consider IVF" to "Wow, today went great, I think this could very well work for you guys." Quite a turnaround.

And now we wait. My LP is usually 12 days, so I'm usually spared those tense last two days of the 2WW. Un/fortunately, AF is due to arrive on DH's birthday. Unfortunate if AF arrives, fortunate if AF is late, as that will indicate that something wonderful is happening. I'm very rarely late - only once in the past two years. Of course, on a medicated cycle, anything can happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting!!!! After reading your post on my message today and being "introduced" to you, I am totally rooting for you!!!! It is nice to be able to focus on other people who understand what it is like to want something so bad they would do anything for it. I can't wait to read your blog that says there is a little one on the way...

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home