Monday, October 01, 2007

DirecTV HR20-100 - WTF?

(My letter to the Powers That Be at DirecTV)

Dear DirecTV,

I would like to start by saying that we have been very happy customers of DirecTV for about five years or so. I love DirecTv itself, and the quality of service we've received has been excellent. However, regarding this new HR20-100 box - I am UNHAPPY.

We just "upgraded" to your new box, the one they said we needed in order to receive a signal once you upgrade your satellites. The one they told us was just so awesome. I hate it. The remote is not intuitive at all. The list of recorded programs isn't even in alphabetical order - I have to scroll through everything to find anything! The picture-in-picture that plays when I'm looking at the menu? Spoiled the ending of Heros, which it was recording but I hadn't watched yet. I can't just stop a recording and delete it - I have to go back to the menu and find it again and THEN delete it. It took me a week to find the "dash" button to delete a folder/episode quickly. And why are there three different back buttons? THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY BUTTONS!! And forget about deleting the channels that we don't receive - no, we have to scroll through ALL of them, whether we get them or not. And least of all my complaints, it is not comfortable to hold.

In short, I miss my TiVo, which was both intuitive and well designed, and which DirecTv told us we could no longer use. Instead, we are stuck with this POS that is clunky, difficult to use, and completely disorganized. You guys really need to get on the ball and make this worlds better, or go back to partnering with TiVo, who seems to have gotten it right.

1 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

I'm sorry, but all I can do is giggle at this one!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home